Recorded at Sharon Bowman’s two-day Training from the Back of the Room (TBR) workshop in Orlando, FL, this episode features nine voices. Vic (@AgileCoffee) was joined by fellow participants (all working with Agile/Scrum teams) to discuss how TBR aligns with the training and coaching we do in our workplaces, communities and families.
- Abid Quereshi (@abidquereshi)
- Lonnie Weaver-Johnson (@Lonniewj)
- Tomas Rodriguez (@sINNplify)
- Mario Mendez (@sINNplify)
- Fred Madrigal (@sINNplify)
- Stuart Fish (@fishstua)
- David Gardner
- Anderson Hummel (@anderson_hummel)
We discussed the following topics:
- TBR and Scrum workshops
- Brain-based learning in 1:1 coaching context
- Agile Manifesto and TBR
- Are training and coaching coming together?
- TBR related to self-organization
- TBR applied to parenting
- Does a trainer need to do the thing they teach?
Sharon’s upcoming classes are listed on her website: bowperson.com. Her two books mentioned are:
- Training From the Back of the Room!: 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn
- Using Brain Science To Make Training Stick
Abid mentioned The 5 Love Languages of Children by Chapman and Campbell.
See also my post on takeaways from the training.