In this second episode of Agile Coffee podcast, Vic (@AgileCoffee) is joined by Jon and they use the lean coffee format to discuss the following topics:
- what motivates people
- making a difference
- body of work
- coddling teams
- are we overly idealistic?
- 50 new Agile coaches hired
We mention the following books:
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us – Daniel H Pink
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable (J-B Lencioni Series) – Patrick M. Lencioni
- Software for Your Head – Jim McCarthy
- Co-Active Coaching: Changing Business, Transforming Lives – Henry Kimsey-House, Laura Whitworth, et al.
Plus we take a look ahead to the following agile/lean events both in California and across the USA:
- Scrum Day San Diego – June 13
- Interact with local executives, ask why they went with Scrum and Agile and hear the benefits they received from this new way of working.
- Global SCRUM Gathering ® – New Orleans — May 5-7
- Scrum Alliance’s annual gathering in the USA will showcase the powerful “goodness” that Scrum can bring to our products, our professional relationships, our workplaces, and our organizations.
- Agile2014 – Orlando, FL — July 31 – Aug 1
- AgileAlliance’s annual conference will reinforce our understanding of proven methods and will illuminate some of the exciting new innovations that represent the future of Agile.
- Agile Open Southern California 2014 – Irvine, CA — Sept 11-12
- Join experienced Agile practitioners and newcomers alike for two days to discuss, examine and otherwise brainstorm the most timely and relevant topics in Agile development today.